Prosthetics is a branch of dental medicine that deals with the replacement of lost teeth and improvement of the function and appearance of natural teeth. As one of the most requested disciplines of modern dental medicine, prosthetics are most frequently mentioned in the context of restoring a healthy and attractive smile, which in today’s culture represents a crucial factor in the entire appearance of the face. Bright white teeth are no longer considered a privilege of the younger generation – with the help of modern prosthetics, a healthy smile has become a commonly accepted standard.
With this purpose, Dental Clinic Jelušić offers its patients an entire array of the most modern technologies and services for mild and moderate corrections for dental irregularities, which include the following replacements:
-ceramic or porcelain prosthetic solutions in the form of facets that are placed on the tooth’s exterior surface and completely cover imperfections of the natural tooth with minimal removal of tooth structures. They are used for the correction of minor aesthetic imperfections on teeth such as discoloration, cracks or deterioration and for the correction of gaps between the teeth (diastema) or mild orthodontic anomalies. The dental laboratory of Dental Clinic Jelušić is equipped with the most modern digital CAD/CAM technology, with which fabrication of a veneer is possible during a one-day office visit!
-prosthetic restorations that are permanently affixed on a prepared tooth or dental implant with the purpose of reconstructing the lost functionality and aesthetics of the tooth. They are used in cases where the tooth is impaired with caries, upon endodontic treatment or deterioration of a prosthetic restoration. Modern technologies, which are used in Dental Clinic Jelušić, enable the fabrication of several types of crowns:
• Metal ceramic crowns: made of ceramic material, fused onto a metal frame of precious or non-precious alloys;
• Zirconium ceramic crowns: ceramic layers on a skelet, which ideally cover tooth discoloration due to the exceptional physical and aesthetic properties of zirconium;
• Lithium disilicate crowns: made from special lithium disilicate glass ceramic, which guarantees a final result completely identical with a tooth with natural enamel due to its strength and color selection, and hence is positioned at the very top of dental aesthetics. This type of crown is fabricated with the help of the most modern CAD/CAM digital technology, which scans the natural tooth and models the shape of the tooth and the crown from a single ceramic block.
-permanent restorations intended to fill empty space between teeth, to prevent dislocation of neighboring teeth, damage to the jaw joints or supporting tissue of the tooth. They can be fabricated from precious alloys, anti-allergenic non-precious alloys coated with ceramic or from a single block with the aid of CAD/CAM technology. Difficulties when eating or speaking become a thing of the past upon placement of a bridge.
-replace lost teeth and portions of the alveolar extension and are used in cases where fabrication of fixed prosthetic replacements is not possible. Removable dentures can be full or partial:
• Full dentures replace all lost teeth and tissue in full edentulous cases.The key factor during the fabrication of the denture is the choice of teeth, which must be designed to coincide with the age and individual characteristics of each patient. Dental Clinic Jelušić has access to the newest Phonares teeth from the Ivoclar Vivadent company, which have exceptional aesthetic characteristics and high-resistance to deterioration.
•Partial dentures are fabricated in the event of loss of a larger amount of natural teeth, and if the possibility of fabricating a fixed bridge is not available. Fixed inside the crown of a natural tooth, these dentures excel in corresponding with existing teeth, resulting in a healthy and natural smile.
• Hybrid dentures are used in cases where a full removable denture cannot be sufficiently affixed, which complicates speaking and chewing functions. The anchor of these dentures is found in remaining teeth or in implants and is placed in the patient’s edentulous jaw. The advantages of this type of restoration are its flexibility, its stability that is acquired by using the joint connecters and its aesthetic harmony.
News about Dental clinic dr. Jelušić
A smile opens many doors, and healthy teeth are a prerequisite for a beautiful smile and the self-esteem it accompanies. Though many fail to remember, teeth are an excellent indicator of the body’s general condition as well as of our relationship toward our own health.
Read what our patients said about us…
The newest world trends from the field of dental medicine are regularly available and offered to patients of our dental clinic!